[oletrucks] Nuts and bolts

To: "OleTrucks (E-mail)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Nuts and bolts
From: Raymond Archambeault <archambeault@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 08:01:18 -0700
Nuts and Bolts.. Throwing them in a can will be your greatest nightmare.

After reading the hints on restoration, and for those who want to stay
original, let me
try to explain something I did.
I never saw a "Clutch" bolt and decided I should save them all.  After
all, I did not know
where I could replace them.
I started putting them in labeled sandwich bags which was fine until I
decided to paint them.

I found a thin flat piece of aluminum about 24" X 24" and, painted it
flat black so I could
use a sharp punch to scribe straight horizontal reference lines about
two inches apart.
As I opened each sandwich bag I would punch or drill a hole for each
screw or bolt on my
aluminum sheet.  If for example, there were six door clutch head bolts,
they were now
together in a straight line.
On a separate sheet of paper,  I made reference notes of where each
bolt was located on my "board".  Dont label the board ONLY since it will
be covered with paint.

It was now simple to sandblast the heads and paint or get them powder
coated.

Now instead of looking for each bag of nuts and bolts, I can check my
reference
sheet and quickly find the right item as I need it, on my board which is
hanging on the wall.

It is highly recommended that you place a small spacer under the head of
each bolt
to prevent the paint from sticking to the board.

Ray