Re: [oletrucks] Opinions

To: bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Opinions
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:37:01 EDT
Bill.
Nothing hurts feelings, (and the wallet), quite like the lack of pen and
paper. ANYTIME you have something done by a professional, or buy something
from somebody, have it written down on paper. Included every little detail of
price, date due, what to do, what NOT to  do, color, size, etc., etc. I'm not
blaming you personally, but little things like this is why its getting so
hard, and expensive to get anything done. Gentlemen's agreements just dont
cut it anymore. He may have thought that he was doing you a favor by doing
something that needed to be done sometime, anyway. I'm sure he deals with
hundreds of people, and trying to keep all those details of what to do to
which vehicle is more than anyone is capable of doing and not messing up once
and a while.
 Remember that he has a building to pay for, if your truck is taking up some
 space, its also taking up some $$$ for him.
In my opinion, if the work is good, pay him for it, and learn your lesson. If
you dont, then next week when one of "us" comes by to get a deal,  we will be
paying for the hurt feelings he has towards you.
                                                 Good Luck, Pat Hollister 58
step