[oletrucks] Electronic transmission w/ mechanical speedo

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Electronic transmission w/ mechanical speedo
From: Keith Durand <kdurand@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 00:23:34 -0500
I think the mechanical speedo can be hooked up to the 4L60E. The gear may have
to be pressed on though,
meaning the tailhousing would have to come off. None of that may be an issue;
it is for sure on the 4L80E.
The real trick is in finding an inline VSS.

You might have some luck with Ron Francis Wiring. I don't know where their
catalog is right now, but I believe
they had some inline signal generators. Here's the catch: from what I remember,
the LT1 requires a large
number of pulses as compared to the L98 and other such engines. The ones they
offered may only be for the
earlier engines. It is also been a number of years since I looked, so they may
have some new products.

If that fails, I am sure the ECM can be fooled with some electronic bodgery, or
you could switch to an
electronic speedo.