Re: [oletrucks] Rims Again...

To: jbullmas@pacbell.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rims Again...
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 20:01:04 EDT
In a message dated 8/16/02 10:01:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
jbullmas@pacbell.net writes:

> Well I think the problem might be that I wanted 18" rims. The 15"
> Centerlines that I have on the truck look too small.
> 55 Chevy Second

I hope you have lots of money!! Those kind of custom rims are pretty cashy.
But still all you have to do is as stated before is figure out what offset
you need for clearance of frame, springs, a-arms, and fenders. You know your
bolt pattern is 5X4.75, so go to a CUSTOM WHEEL SHOP and order away. A larger
shop might even have some in stock, or you can always go to that un-named
auction web site.
 Your cheaper option is to just change your size of tires your running. You
can get 15" tires with bigger sidewalls that will "fill up your wheel wells."
The offset of 15" rims can give you a different look also. Beware that 18"
wheels and tires ride a lot rougher because they have little flex to the
sidewalls.  Good luck.
                                           Pat Hollister  58 step