[oletrucks] Problem with bell housing and tranny

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Problem with bell housing and tranny
From: HMills16@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 00:00:45 EDT
I have a 46 GMC EC102 half ton.  I had the original 228 and I thought the
bell housing, but no tranny.  I got a 4 speed from a CC303 and a near
identical one from a EC101.  Problem is this.  When I attach the master
cylinder bracket that hold the cylinder and the clutch/brake pedal to the
mounting holes on the tranny, the bracket does not reach over to the front
mounting holes on the bell housing.  Either the bracket mounting points or
the tranny mounting points will have to be reduced about 1 inch to allow the
front holes to match.
The only thing I can figure is that the 3 speed tranny might be thinner that
the 4 speed but I cannot find but one part number for the bracket mount part.
What's up here and has anyone else found this?
Hugh Mills
KCMO