[oletrucks] re: Feeling lost and lonely

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] re: Feeling lost and lonely
From: "Ryan Border" <rborder@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 19:12:51 -0600
Reminds me of one time, asking a friend who was into baseball cards: "What
would you do if you had them all?".

I've had one project done (my '59 Jaguar) for over 5 years now.  I don't
drive it that much, but certainly enjoy having it, showing it, driving it,
and just enjoying the fruits of my efforts.

The only time I've ever really felt "lost and lonely" was a few months after
selling a completed project- my old hearse.  After a while, I figured out
what I really missed was having a really unique, custom hot-rod... the cure
for that ailment has been the wannabe rod with which I've been assaulting
all of your email boxes.  It's approaching completion (well, if these things
ever really get complete), and I'm very much looking forward to it's maiden
voyage.

I sometimes think the toys in the garage aren't really the vehicles; rather
the toys are the tools ;-).  The vehicles are just something to use them on.
As such, I'll probably always have some sort of project to work on.  That
is, unless I get bored with the hobby, or can no longer afford it.  A really
nice thing about ole trucks is that they aren't really very expensive to
work with.

I've already got ideas for the next project... perhaps a long term (think 8
year) car for my now 8 year old son.  And, someday, I've got to start the
challenger project I've been planning for about the last 15 years.

I never promised to have a point, did I?

Ryan.