[oletrucks] RADIATOR FOR COOLING 57 3600 w/350

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] RADIATOR FOR COOLING 57 3600 w/350
From: "phippsj1" <phippsj1@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 18:29:07 -0500
  Been a long time since I posted any questions, especially since my project
is moving so slow, but I could use some suggestions about now.  I'm putting
a Chev 350 engine (just rebuilt)and 350 tranny out of a 1970 3/4 ton p/u
into my 57 3/4 ton, and I'm not sure what I need to do to keep it cool (on a
budget).  I know there's excellent after-market radiators, but I need to
keep costs down.  The radiator I have now was working ok to keep the 283
that was in it cool, but I had the original 4 spd then and now I need to
keep the tranny cool also.  I was told by a guy with a 52 Chev w/ a 350 that
all I need to do is buy one of the supplemental radiator coolers and that
would keep the tranny cool enough, but I have my doubts.  Can I get my
radiator modified to accept the transmission lines, or did they make a
radiator for our old trucks with automatic transmissions(55 2nd to 59)?  I
don't expect there are any later radiators that would fit without extensive
modifications under the hood (or am I mistaken?).
  As always, I still love to read what everyone else is doing, and I really
appreciate the help!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Phipps
57 3600