Re: [oletrucks] Retro-fitting

To: Jack Aubin <jackits@telusplanet.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Retro-fitting
From: jrdorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:37:23 -0400
Jack,

As far as putting the late model power train it's not difficult,
suppliers make engine and tramsmission mounts to put V8s in. The rear
end will bolt in once you move the spring perches, you would have to
fabricate parking brake cables and the driveshaft to the right length.
Front suspension is more difficult unless you are going with a 4x4 front
solid axle, you said 90's but I don't know when GM went with IFS on
4x4s. The slighty older 2x4 GM trucks had a bolt in front suspension
that will bolt into your truck with a couple of special shims. Power
steering kits are available from several suppliers.