Re: [oletrucks] SBC problem

To: TRichards@hrgreen.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] SBC problem
From: Spinningroach@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:12:48 EDT
Hi Troy! I'm very bad about technical questions, but I have a problem a
little similar to yours with my engine. It's a 327, with a 650 cfm edelbrock
4 barrel  carb, and a mallory unilite ignition. A few months ago, I burned
the ignition module and had it replaced (with the ignition coil and ballast
resistor as well). The guys who worked upon this told me I had to fine tune
the ignition advance (they said manually...I'm supposed to rotate the
advance...they were not familiar with the mallory unilite ignition...) to
have the engine work as well as before...right now the engine lacks a little
power, makes a "click" noise in uphills and is more thirsty than ever. Maybe
it's only an advance problem that you have (I did not do anything about mine
yet). JP