Re: [oletrucks] Calif. guys - smog question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Calif. guys - smog question
From: Pee-Wee <PWeee@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:19:40 -0700
Mark Self wrote:

> Can you guys tell me when the veheicle drops off the mandatory smogging list?
> I thought it was a sliding 25 year scale, but now I'm haring 30 and when i
> looked for it on the net, it appears to be 1973 or earlier.  Any info would be
> appreciated.  Thanks.

Mark,
The law changed. You don't have to smog it if its a 1973 model or
ealier. If its 1974 to present, then you have to get it smogged. The DMV
had a sliding scale but now its fixed at '1973' and earlier is exempt.
Its been like that for about 5-years now I think, maybe more.
                                   Pee-Wee.
--
1958 GMC 336 V-8 Factory Napco Suburban Carryall
1959 GMC 270 inline 6-cyl Suburban Carryall