Re: [oletrucks] AD Door adjustment

To: "glperry" <glperry@fwi.com>, <Smallblocksteve1@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD Door adjustment
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:07:52 -0400
I have a door alignment procedure for a TF truck, some similarities may
apply. I scanned it from a vendor catalog and have placed it in a temp
folder on chevytrucks.org--I'll leave it up for a few days---hope nobody
calls GSPP and tells them---but then again---they came to my web
site-swiped a picture of my truck-altered it and put it up on their main
page at
http://www.gspp.com   and didn't ask or anything....Thought about asking
them to remove it and raise a stink--but.....kinda nice they thought my
truck was decent enough to put up on their main page...

So here is there door alignment procedure from their catalog...
http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/door_alignment.jpg
http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/door_alignment1.jpg
http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/door_alignment2.jpg

The alignment procedures comes straight from the shop manual...   ---wayne

At 11:00 AM 10/22/02 -0500, glperry wrote:
>I believe it's in the Shop Manuals. Or, maybe a body shop manual. Basically
>the hinge bolts are all able to move around or slide or such when loosened.
>Have to first make sure the "release", a problem on rusty doors and parts.
>Then leave only slightly tight as you close door or pull up or down or
>whatever to adjust, hope it stays and fully tighten the bolts when right.
>You can also take wood bllocks and soft items like rubber hammers and
>bounce" the door off them to bend if needed. Ford Manuals from 50's have a
>big section on this and it is a standard operation, still done to doors on
>the new trucks on'line at factory's today. One thing on AD's to check is the
>front cab mounts are usually bad and the cab sinks there, binding the pedals
>  shifter on column and doors will go out of align bad. Check there first.
>AND, hinge pins wear and cause door sinking.  Good Luck!
>
>G. L. Perry

Wayne Osborne
1956 Chevy Pickup
LaGrange Ga.