[oletrucks] seatbelts

To: ME1STKING@aol.com
Subject: [oletrucks] seatbelts
From: "R.T.Oliver" <roliver@cablelan.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 07:12:20 -0800
Hi ....I recently installed 3 point should belts in my still unfinished `49
GMC.What I did was get a set of belts from a late model Chevy p/u.I made a
plate app.10"x6" bent it to the shape of the upper cab corner,drilled a hole
in the center to line up with a hole the same size in the upper cab
corner,welded a nut on the back of plate in line with the hole,drilled a few
holes in the cab corner,slid it in place from below and plug welded thru the
holes I drilled in the cab corner.The shoulder portion is now connected via
the nut welded to the back of the plate.I connected the bottom to the  cab
mount bolt,which is in turn connected to the frame. the center connection
was made by adding a plate under the cab,I think that plate is 8"x12"I`m not
sure exactly how strong this is or if it meets any standards but I have seen
a setup from Juliano`s and I`m sure mine is as strong ,if not stronger.One
thing I know for sure is mine was a hell of a lot cheaper .I got the entire
belt system from our local"Pick a Part" for $60CAD I`m sure it is a lot
safer than the original Hope this helps some....Bob Oliver ..`49 GMC