Re: [oletrucks] Bolt pattern 101

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bolt pattern 101
From: "Mike Boteler" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 00:50:46 -0500
Hi Bill,

Wheel bolt patterns are measured through the center of  each stud.(diameter
of an imaginary circle passing through all of the stud centers).  A 6 x 4.5
means you have a 6 stud rim with 4-1/2" bolt hole measurement.  On 4, 6, 8
and 10 stud wheels you just measure between any two stud centers that are
180 degrees apart from each other.  On 5 lug you would measure using a
straight edge held to the outside of any two studs and measure to the center
of the furthest stud (which will be 90 degrees straight off the center of
the straight edge).  Clear as mud right......

Mike Boteler
'56 Chevrolet 8400 Wrecker
Hughesville, MD