[oletrucks] brake shoes

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] brake shoes
From: Edward Miller <edngael@open.org>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 17:23:19 -0800
Hi everybody,

I renewed the brake components some time back for my '58 half ton truck,
all but the solid brake lines.  I have a question about the front brake
shoes.

The shoes for each side aren't the same:  one has more pad area than the
other.  I removed my old ones and installed the new ones the same way,
with the smaller pad shoe on the front, the larger behind.  Is that
right?  I was looking at the picture in my shop manual, and it shows the
smaller pad shoe opposite the adjuster star.  But I don't know which
side the picture is of.  For the pictures of the heavier brake systems,
there's a caption that points "forward", but not for mine.  Figures.
<whining>

Thanks,
Ed Miller
'58 Apache Short Fleetside