Re: [oletrucks] Hooray, I finally finished my 1 one piece

To: "chuck clark" <cachomeimp@hotmail.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Hooray, I finally finished my 1 one piece
From: Bob Chansler <rchansle@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:30:42 -0700
Chuck,
If you have a '49, you should already have one-piece windows on the  doors.
I have those in my '49 burb.
The power part is a different issue.

Bob Chansler

                      "chuck clark"

                      <cachomeimp@hotmail        To:       wcraig@cfl.rr.com,
oletrucks@autox.team.net
                      .com>                      cc:

                      Sent by:                   Subject:  Re: [oletrucks]
Hooray, I finally finished my 1 one piece  window project!
                      owner-oletrucks@aut

                      ox.team.net

                      12/17/2002 06:49 PM

                      Please respond to

                      "chuck clark"

I for one would very muck like to see your writeup.  I want to do that to
my
49 panel.

Thanks for the effort

>From: "Wayne Craig" <wcraig@cfl.rr.com>
>To: "OLE-CHEVY-TRUCKS" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
>Subject: [oletrucks] Hooray,  I finally finished my 1 one piece window
>project!
>Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:49:46 -0500
>
>   At last I've finally finished converting the door windows on my 53 p.u.

>from
>the 2 piece with the vent windows to one piece windows. I used a kit from
>Vintage Glass to convert to the one piece window. The supplied window
>channels
>and brackets took a lot of manipulation and the kit came with no
>instructions
>whatsoever, but I finally got it done. I installed a power window kit from
>Juliano's. It came with the switches and was $350.00. It came with some
>generalized instructions, but I had to guess at a lot of the installation,

>and
>it involved a lot of cutting for access doors and building some simple
>custom
>brackets. Juliano's advertises some pieces to use to install as a run
>channel
>for the front part of the door after removing the vent windows, but I
>couldn't
>get them to work, and had to go back and use the pieces from Vintage
Glass.