RE: [oletrucks] 51 Headliner

To: <Ayelander52@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 51 Headliner
From: "Larry R. Kephart" <vpa@laroke.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 15:28:47 -0500
Hi Nick,

I did this a while back and wasn't completely successful so I'll be doing it
again somewhere down the road. The front half goes in first and the leading
edge is tucked in under the windshield rubber. Then, insert the back half
into the middle bar and install as a unit onto the front half. Use a mixture
of household ammonia and water (50/50 in a spray bottle) to mist the back of
the headliner cardboard. Get it damp but not dripping wet. This will make it
a little more pliable for installation. I wrote up my experience on my
website. It's more of an essay on what not to do than on how to do it but
here's the link:

http://www.laroke.com/larryk4674/2001/wip17a.htm

Larry Kephart
1955 1st 3100 Chevy (BillyBob)