Re: [oletrucks] IFS

To: "Steve Hanberg" <Steve@OldSub.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] IFS
From: Bob Fischer <r.fischerjr@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 07:43:05 -0800
Hi Steve,
We have a 49  3100 with a 77 GMC (Chevy) 1/2 t  front saddle under it.
I don't know the width of the TF frame rails but the 73-87 saddles have a
29.5 "
gap the frame drops into. The other concern is tread width. Since you have
both vehicles measure wheel mounting surface to surface on both to see
where the wheels will end up in relation to fender line.
>The things I've read about using the pickup IFS say its great for an AD
>truck, but that the TF frame is too wide.  However, I have no personal
>experience with it.
>

> > I have a 73 donor truck...would it be a good candidate for a 57 TF?
> > Thanks
> >   Rick

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

  http://Bobsplayce.home.att.net   e-mail -->r.fischerjr@att.net