Re: [oletrucks] AD vent windows

To: mark.self@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD vent windows
From: john j tonyes <flfox1@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:55:25 -0500
Remove the window trim.  There is a nut under the vent with a spring on
it.  Remove nut, washer and spring.
Drill rivet and remove.  The reason for the spring is tighten the tension
on the vent.
John T.
Hope this helps.

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 06:28:49 -0800 "Mark Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>
writes:
> The vent window trim in my '55 1st have a fair amount of rust.  They
> need to be rechromed.  I need to get them out of the truck.  I
> looked in
> the manual and am unable to find info on how to remove them  Can
> someone
> give me the procedure. I think I just need to grind out the rivet.
> But,
> I am leery of doing this.  The vent window trim is one of the few
> items
> for the AD truck that I can't find repos of.  Any info would be
> appreciated
> thanks
> 1959

John Tonyes, 8460 Tom Costine, Lakeland, Fl. 33809, 863 859 0878
USS TELFAIR APA 210, COORDINATOR
SEE YOU IN:Branson Missouri  flfox1@juno.com
OCT. 2003   SMOOTH SAILING