[oletrucks] black and white floor tiles

To: napco4x4@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] black and white floor tiles
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 16:35:45 -0800 (PST)
Along with adding onto the house (where I gain more shop space and vehicle
storage and
my wife gains a closed in porch, garden house, and new deck), I also want to
refurbish
my existing shop space.  For the main two garage bays, I just intend to paint
the floor
with epoxy paint for concrete.  However, for the rest of my existing shop
space--a third
garage bay and adjacent 13 X 13 room--I would like to put down the black and
white floor
tiles that you occaisionally see in shop pictures with retro themes.  I'd also
like to
use it in the boyz room (13 X 26) for their "rough on everything" years.

The question is where do you buy the simple hard rubber, matte finish black and
white
tiles?  Griot's Garage mail order has them, but they are some special material
and very
expensive.  Locally Lowes and Home Depot do not have them (unless you want
marble...and
somewhere I saw super glossy tiles that don't cut it either).  I've been to
several of
the local flooring places and they don't carry it either.

Does anyone have these in their shop/house?

Where did you get them?

How much did they cost?  The kind I want should only be $1-2 per square foot.

Thanks,

Mark Noakes