[oletrucks] Door latch rework

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Door latch rework
From: Franklyn Berry <us009296@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 17:54:15 -0600
The door latches [the part that is operated by the handle and rotates
to contact the hasp on the pillar] on my '51 4300 have worn about 1/8",
which causes the door to rattle insanely. I've done all I can do by
adjusting the latch and hasp closer together.

Has anyone tried to build the cam surface back up with a weld? If
so, what kind of rod or wire did you use?

--frankb
Franklyn Berry
Maison de Pique-Assiette
Milwaukee, WI 53211-3730