[oletrucks] Chevrolet SSR

To: "oletrucks digest" <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Chevrolet SSR
From: "Steve Andereggen Jr." <chevy3100@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 08:26:41 -0800
Just wanted to let everyone know that the first 25 SSR signature series trucks
are out.  I saw number 5 of 25 this weekend at a International Car Show up in
Portland, OR.  It was painted a metallic purple which won't be offered on
production models.  It looks very nice but with a base price of $41,000.00 I
think I will have to wait a while.  I did manage to get a lot of photos but
again the truck is purple and reflected all of the lights from above.  The top
was in the down position and was not going to be demonstrated as was the hood
not to be opened.  The demonstrator did open both doors as well as the
tailgate and bed covering.  It was mentioned that all 25 signature series
trucks will be auctioned off on ebay at the end of the month for those of you
who want one.  I was disappointed that there was no brochures, posters or
anything on this truck at the show.  Most of the other car dealers had some
neat stuff they were giving out but not Chevrolet.  Any way I had a great time
and I was finally able to see an SSR in person.

Steve Jr.
1951 Chevy 3100