Re: [oletrucks] Harbor Freight tools

To: "The Reids" <reidx4@gte.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Harbor Freight tools
From: kevin.s.brown@gm.com
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 06:26:14 -0600
Jim,

I have a Harbor Freight Central Pneumatic body saw that works great, it is
the best thing that I have found for cutting sheet metal.  I have used it
quite a bit with no problems, though I do keep it oiled up pretty well.  Of
course I do drive by a Harbor Freight store on my way home from work so if
I do have problems I can just return it to the store.  I also have an
engine hoist (cherry picker style) and a hydraulic press that I bought
there and while the quality isn't as good as a high end model for
occasional home use they are sturdy and work great.  I have had some
problems with some small plastic hand operated fluid transfer pumps but
that is about it.

Kevin Brown '51 Chevy 3100
Odessa, MO  '49 Chevy 3600

                      "The Reids"

                      <reidx4@gte.net>           To:
<oletrucks@autox.team.net>
                      Sent by:                   cc:

                      owner-oletrucks@aut        Subject:  [oletrucks] Harbor
Frieght tools
                      ox.team.net

                      02/03/2003 08:21 PM

                      Please respond to

                      "The Reids"

I know there have been warnings about low quality of some of Harbor
Freight's tools.  What do members of the list think of their Central
Pneumatic brand?

Jim Reid

'53 GMC