Re: [oletrucks] found a site with diesel info -- Weight &

To: william moldenhauer <wmh678@worldnet.att.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] found a site with diesel info -- Weight &
From: Devin Ranger <devin_ranger@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:55:03 -0800 (PST)
Interesting posts -- thanks for the link, Bill.  I
believe that a small block Chevrolet/GM V8 motor is in
the 550lb category, and the I6 is over 600lbs -- only
somewhat contrary to the first answer at the site (BBC
is close to 700lbs).

A Cummins diesel that you find in a late model Dodge
(I6 -- 359 CID) weighs in around 1000lbs.  Great
torque but look under one of those Dodges sometime to
see just how -built- the suspension is.

Check this out:

http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/best/diesel.html

BTW, I like your red truck.