[oletrucks] re 9" rearend

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] re 9" rearend
From: "Devin Timmons" <64bowtie@quik.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 19:03:29 -0800
here's a thought I've contemplated, and seen done in a few pickups.  T-birds
of the late 80s and early 90s had independent rearend assemblies, and they
bolt to a subframe that can be removed as a complete unit.  Makes the truck
useless, as for weight capacity I would imagine, but should ride a hell of a
lot better and look really trick.

Personally I've decided to stay with straight axles at both ends, have the
front axle dropped and flip the rear, but that's my choice.

Devin