Re: [oletrucks] 9" rear end

To: Rick Carlisle <rcarlisle@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 9" rear end
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 21:38:27 -0800 (PST)
Ford 9" rear ends are getting hard to come by and
becoming expensive because of that. Unless you are
going to run in the 400 hp range a Ford 8" rear end
will serve you very well.  Considering that you are
going to use a 350 with a 700R, the trans will let
loose long before the Ford 8". I would consider
finding an 8 7/8" GM rear end from a Nova or Camero.
It will also handle the 350 and will be easier to find
and install.
The 71-80 Camero and Firebird rearends fit well in an
AD, I'm not about TF.

Jim Nordwall
1950 3100