RE: [oletrucks] A New Member's Plan

To: "j.b. m." <quin5chevyguy@yahoo.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] A New Member's Plan
From: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 08:07:19 -0700
When I lifted my cab from the donor truck and when I have moved it around
the yard I simply used lumber through the door holes, with the doors
removed. Around the yard I used two 3 X 12's chained together and lifted it
with a 54 Farmall Super MTA tractor. When I unloaded it without a tractor
from my trailer two of us were able to man handle it off the trailer. I
would think four guys should be able to lift it.

I suggest stripping out as much as you can before you try and lift it.
Remove the seat, heater, gas from the tank, etc.

Good luck, and ummmmm what neighbourhood was that with all the great old
iron?

Blaine Dumkee
Fort Smith NT
Canada