[oletrucks] 12-volt starter on '54 - can I use floor pedal?

To: OleTruck Mail List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 12-volt starter on '54 - can I use floor pedal?
From: Rich Kosiba <kosibar@kolbenet.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 21:46:29 -0500 (EST)
I have a 12-volt starter on my '54 3100. It has a solenoid on it. Somebody
seems to have converted it because the original floor pedal for the
starter is still hooked up, just part of it has been removed in order to
bolt the new starter in.

The fly wheel looks pretty clean, compared to the caked on grease on the
rest of the mechanical parts, and the pan under it is not (was not) on it.
Somebody left that off. So I'm thinking they must have changed that and
put a 12-volt starter on it.

I want to use the floor pedal to start it, but like the idea of the
12-volt starter since I plan to run the truck in our cold New York
winters. (The whole ignition system is 12 volt.)

Any ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks!

Rich