[oletrucks] Decal on Cowl - 1958 GMC

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Decal on Cowl - 1958 GMC
From: dcvjrv@covad.net
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 07:24:29 -0500
Good Morning Group,

I was cleaning off the front of the cowl on my 1958 GMC and noticed for the
first time that there is a decal located at the top center.  It was painted
over so was not noticeable before.  It appears to pertain to the Hydramatic
transmission from what I can read on it.  I tried cleaning off the paint
but the words are quite dim under the paint.  It is 3"x4" in size and this
is what I can make out on it.

line 1:  (cannot read)
line 2:  (cannot read first part)  maintain oil level  (cannot read last part)
line 3:  owners guide and data book for recommen
line 4:  dation and your gmc dealer for approved
line 5:  mil-1-2104a type oil
(then there is a 1/2" gap)
line 6:  atf type a fluid may be used, also, if mil-1-210
line 7:  type oil is not obtainable

Any help on this decal would be appreciated.  A picture would be
great.  Also is anyone reproducing this decal.

Thanks,

Jim V.
1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Hydramatic
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles
dcvjrv@covad.net