[oletrucks] Ad alert - money scam

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Ad alert - money scam
From: Cameo3124@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:32:18 -0500
I received this  today from a car post I subcribe to. Beware and be careful.
Ricahrd Scott

The following scam was received at Team Chevelle and confirmed via email with
'Jaye' who took the time to alert us.

I would like all the sellers of classic cars who advertise on the internet
about a scam that I almost got caught in.  A man from Africa contacted me
regarding my 67 Chevelle I advertised for sale.  He said he would like the car
and has a man in the USA that owes him money. He would send me a cashier's
check for $20950 at which time I would then mail him the balance of $9950 minus
the cost of wiring money to a business manager in London. He then would have
arrangements made to have the car shipped to his country. All I had to do was
wire the "change" and sign my title.   The check came as he said and 4 days
later I was able to take the money out of my account.  I was at Western Union
handing over $9000 and the agent with Western Union told me of the scam. I
would have been out $9000 +++.   Sellers beware.  If the man can't get to your
house hold onto the car and the cash you have.    The cashiers check would have
bounced in 2 weeks, even bank checks go bad contrary to popular belief.
[...]

-------
You recieved this email because you clicked the 'join mailing list' box when
posting an AD on Team Chevelle.