Re: [oletrucks] 58 GMC Steps

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <dcvjrv@covad.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 58 GMC Steps
From: "Mike Boteler" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:23:08 -0500
Hi Jim,

All of my TF trucks have a "C" channel welded to the bottom of the Step.  It
serves two purposes, one to stiffen the step and the other to attach the
accessory Outside Running Board.

Here are the measurements:

31" long.......mounted 2-1/2" back from the front vertical hinge pillar and
4" from the Step Riser to the back of the channel.

        Cross Section view (as best I can do here!)

    <<<------ center of truck this way-----<<<

                                   1-1/2"  wide
                                ___________
                                |                    |__
      1"  tall this side    |                              3/4" tall this
side with a 1/4" flange

the 1" side has 5 punched holes to bolt the Outside Running Board to.

Hope this helps!  If you need pictures let me know, I can take them
tomorrow.

Mike Boteler
'56 4400 Stake
'56 6400 Stake