Re: [oletrucks] axle compatibility

To: Wayne Roworth <wroworth@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] axle compatibility
From: jrdorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 00:26:56 -0500
wayne,
Been there, done that, wont fit. The 1 ton has wider springs than the
half or 3/4 ton. It could be made to work by reaming the mounting holes
elongated but that would not be advisable :-)

I was the guy that had originally contacted you about your axle. You
didn't really scare me off but I wasn't sure that was the way I wanted
to go with mine (I really want to find a NAPCO front axle), and then
things got busy here.

I have an axle from a 52 1/2 ton suburban which would work in this guys
1/2 ton panel. I also have an axle from a 3/4 ton that I am 80 percent
sure would work, but would have 8 lug wheels.

I am interested in your 1 ton axle, but have concerns about condition. I
mean I already have a 55 year old axle, and it's in sad shape. My main
concern is the eye holes that the king pins go in, as that's the problem
with mine, not bushings. It will have to be taken out and sleeved as
it's too much even for oversize kingpins.

Anyway, If this 1/2 ton owner is in Florida, maybe I'll buy yours and
sell him mine. Let me know if this may work and if i can come over and
look at what you have one weekend.