Re: [oletrucks] AutoTransmission Question

To: wits_end@worldnet.att.net, cramey@earthlink.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AutoTransmission Question
From: "Old Chevy Pickup" <oldchevypickup@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 14:07:04 -0500
I just bought the "newer" type 700R4 for $200.  I do not know the condition
of it.  I called a local transmission shop that is known in the area for
quality work.  They came back with a price of $1595.00 to totally rebuild
the tranny to withstand 300 - 400 HP.  This included a torque converter.
Well, at that price I can go buy one from Phoenix Transmission, TCI or B&M
for the same price that handles the same hp or more. So having them rebuilt
so they handle "a little power" could be very costly.

Dan Jacobsen - PA
'49 3100 327/powerglide
'55.1 3100 rodstoration 350/350 MII (in Progress)
'55.1 3600 Original
'51 6400 Deluxe Cab on '87 chassis
'35 Dodge Business Coupe - All original