RE: [oletrucks] TF Truck width

To: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] TF Truck width
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 07:44:13 -0600
Measured my half ton 57 GMC TF at 75".  Window opening is about 4" indented
from the widest spot, so if you can get one door right up against one side of
the sea can (someone else had a great idea about "guides" on the floor of the
can) you'd have about 21" to crawl out of the window and past the cab into the
bed.  When the battery was dead after winter storage (how long is winter in the
Northern Territories anyway?) you'd have to drag the truck out.  Consider
placing the sea can on a slight uphill grade.  The real bummer would occur when
one (or more) of the tires went flat while the truck was being stored.  There
wouldn't be near enough room to change the tire in the sea can.