[oletrucks] Roll on bedliner materials

Subject: [oletrucks] Roll on bedliner materials
From: "Mark Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 06:41:58 -0800
On my Chevy '55 1st running boards, I want to put a nice durable, skid
resistant finish.  Really like the LineX texture, but a bit pricey.  I
would like to apply myself.  Don't care much for the Herculiner,
RhinoNyde texure (to coarse).  Saw an article on the web about Bondo
Truck Guard.  It dries to an extreme gloss finish.  Not exactly what I
want, but the article mentioned that Bondo suggested adding some
playground sand to the mix before applying.

Question:
Have any of you done this or seen the results?  I would think that this
would give a near LineX texture.  Any tips, suggestions, comments?