RE: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #1879

To: "Edward Miller" <edngael@open.org>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #1879
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 18:18:12 -0600
I'm no expert on the 6 cyl floor starter, but if it isn't physically in the way
with the V-8 installed you should be able to just use the electrical part of it
as the "start" position instead of using the key switch for that function.
Just run a wire (fairly heavy - 10 gauge should do) from a "hot when the key is
on" point to the foot switch.  The other side of the foot switch should connect
to the "start" lug on the V-8's starter solenoid.