[oletrucks] WHEELS

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] WHEELS
From: Old52pu@cs.com
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:49:47 EST
Hi, I'm trying to refresh my memory about a question I asked the group
sometime last year. I'm getting ready to do some work on my 52 chevy pickup
starting this spring. Someone on this list told me that I could use 54 5 lug
car drums and rims to be able to use different size wheels. My questions:
What do I need to change for this to work, Will it bolt rite up? To my
understanding I need the 54 car drums and 5 lug rims. Don't I need the rear
axle and drums for it to work on the rear? And if so, Will the rear axle
match up OK (talking about the inside part of the rear end that is attached
to the drums)? Do I need to change the brake pads to 54 car brakes? Has
anybody on this list done this change, And what do you think? All I want to
do to the truck for now is take bed and front sheet metal off and brush rust
off with wire brush and paint frame black. Change wheels to 15 inch rims, and
do body work and paint so I can start driving again. Also would like to put
in a newer 235 or 292 that I can beef up. What year motors will work that I
wont have to do a lot of change to make work. Trying to leave truck mostly
stock with a few changes in mind. Will try to send a picture with this
message. Thanks for your help, Larry.[Unable to display image]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
023_19a.jpg]