[oletrucks] Pistons update

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Pistons update
From: "Justin Earl" <porkchopzz4@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:06:17 -0800
Hi all:

Thanks for the advice. However, I did find the problem. Shallow oil groove
pistons!  Apparently sometime in the late 80's, there is such a thing as
shallow oil groove rings which are .200" (yes, a whole 2 tenths of an inch)
shallower than standard small block piston oil grooves. I called around and
Advance Auto Parts had them for $58.... Autozone was $24.99. Hah! They fit
perfectly and the problem is solved.

Eek, and yes, the 4.02 was a typo.. I did mean 4.002.

Now to get this broken head bolt drilled out *grumble* and back to finishing
this project.

Justin Earl
Cartersville, GA
'51 3800 dually