[oletrucks] box

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] box
From: "stephen johnston" <stephenzone@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 23:07:25 -0500
i took my old box off the 55tf and made a trailer to match the old beast. i
used a frame from a 56 chev 1/2 ton long box (leaf springs are longer than
one from a short box truck, for info sakes) and a torque tube rearend off a
52 gmc. looks good, but it left me kinda short in the box department on the
truck. so off to bills truck shop near toronto to source a box for the
beast. should not of taken the wife. he did give me a good deal. took a
whole bunch of explaining to do, but at least i convinced her that this one
was the cheapest box that i've seen so far and now we have an extremely
strong utility trailer. completely full of gravel tracked behind me no
problem. no question just had to blab about the trailer

steve 55 TF gmc