Re: [oletrucks] [OFFTOPIC] 1967 Dodge Starting

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] [OFFTOPIC] 1967 Dodge Starting
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:55:12 -0600
Don't know how Dodges of that era work, but on my old Chevy truck,
if the wire from the ignition switch through the ballast resistor
to the coil is disconnected, it acts just like that.  Soon as you
let off the starter the ignition is turned off and the engine dies.

Check if you have power at the coil (the car should be old enough
to still have one) with the key switched to on.

Other than that, if you have fuel, spark, and compression at the
same time, it has to run.

Bruce K
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN

At Thursday, 20 March 2003, you wrote:

>Hey Guys/Gals,
>
>I know it's off topic, being a dodge, but...
>
>We are trying to move my mom's 1967 dodge polara convertible. The
engine
>starts, runs for .02 seconds, then dies. Also, the car won't budge in
>neutral. The car will not move with the transmission in neutral.
The tranny