Re: [oletrucks] A.D. truck identify

To: "Jim \(Deacon\) and Karen Magill" <dnkmagill@wtxs.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] A.D. truck identify
From: "G. L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 18:04:06 -0500
NO! no frame stamping. If you're checking title, check the engine # too
behind distributor as some states used that. No good if changed engine
though. You can get new plates from some vendors, have to stamp your # in
them. Course if you can't read it, not good. Unless you use the title
numbers. Is it needing inspection by police to title?  Get the paperwork,
have them look at it, sign the paper, send it in and ask BMV what next step
will be. In IN, you can get a new VIN, filling out paperwork and etc. but is
this years model listed on title I think.

G. L. Perry