[oletrucks] code and power booster

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] code and power booster
From: "Tom Cooper" <c_tom@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 18:21:00 -0500
I have a 1997 S-10 and i can hear the power booster loosing vacuum when i am
stopped at a light and press the brake pedal. I have fairly good brakes but
not like they should be. Its like there is a small leak and i still have
some brake assit. Anyway, the question is...could this vacuum leak cause me
to get a 442 code (leak in emmsions system) I can clear the code and in a
couple weeks it will come back. I was wondering if the vacuum leak for the
booster is connect4ed to the emmisions system.
                        Thanks   tom