Re: [oletrucks] Oil Filter Cover

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Oil Filter Cover
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:00:34 -0500
Looks like I'll be getting an oil filter cover for my 283 from Larry
Winters (Thanks Larry).  Although I am not a stickler for everything being
authentic, I'll stick with the original cover because I am an ecologist.  I
never have liked the idea of throwing the whole filter and cover away
whenever I change the oil. Now all I'll be throwing away will be the filter
itself.

At one time there was a big movement away from disposal "almost
everything."  Now we seem to be seeing more and more this is disposable.
It is not a good idea to waste resources.

BobK
51 5-window (in pieces)
Arnaudville, LA

                      Rick N Wagner

                      <rnwagner@juno.co        To:       bob_keeland@usgs.gov

                      m>                       cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [oletrucks] Oil
Filter Cover
                      04/12/03 09:19 PM

Why don't you get a conversion kit and change it to a spin on type
filter. I think you can get them at most parts houses.  Rick W.
On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 12:39:28 -0500 "Bobby D Keeland"
<bob_keeland@usgs.gov> writes:
> Well it looks like I will have to replace the oil filter cover on my
> 283.
> Does anyone happen to have an extra?  I've looked in several of the
> old
> truck catalogs and they don't seem to carry then. Perhaps I just
> have the
> wrong catalogs?  Anyway, if anyone has an extra, or if anyone could
> point
> me to where I can find one, I'd appreciate it very much.  It will go
> on a
> mid-1960s 283.
>
> Thanks
>
> BobK
> 51 5-window (in pieces)
> 88 S-10
> 99 Harley Sportster
> Arnaudville, LA
> 1959

Rick Wagner-Kansas City,Mo--53 GMC Suburban--49 Chevy Suburban--52 Chevy
Pick-up--49 Chevy Pick-up