[oletrucks] An Update on my V8 swap

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] An Update on my V8 swap
From: "Devin Timmons" <64bowtie@quik.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:54:43 -0700
spent most of today in my driveway working on my pickup.  It's amazing how
long some of these things take.  I installed the radiator hoses, put plugs in
the heater connections in the block, since I don't have one, installed my 1
wire alternator with a new belt, changed the oil and filter, put on new plug
wires, and ran wiring for the starter button and the ignition system, as well
as the alternator.  After all that I spun it over and it coughed at me, but
didn't fire and spat oil everywhere.  I found that the tube for the oil
pressure sender was still connected to the engine, I had somehow missed it, so
now it needs to be unplugged so I can hook up mine from the dash.  Had to quit
so I could mow the yard ( the joys of living in CA) but while doing so I
realized what had happened as to why it wouldn't fire.  I didn't bother to
line up the rotor with the no. 1 plug wire.  DOH!!!  Ordered my gas pedal assy
on Friday, so it won't be here for a week yet, maybe I'll get the rest done
before it arrives so I can drive it to the muffler shop and get some pipes.
Neighbors just don't appreciate open pipes for some reason.

Happy Easter to all

Devin

'57 3100