Re: [oletrucks] 55-59 Gauges

To: bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55-59 Gauges
From: rwelch@bartnet.net
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 7:40:19 CDT
That gauge set is made by Custom Rod Gauges out of Fresno, CA.  If you go
to the Fresno Better Buisness Bureau you will see there are a number of
complaint files against them.  Others (members on the ChevyTalk BB) have
had a lot of problems with Mark the owner and the gauges themselves.  I
suggest you do a search on ChevyTalk.com and judge for yourself.  I will
say though that most of the problems seem to be for similar gauge sets
for the 55-57 passenger cars and 57 in particular (I don't know if that's
significant or not).

I have a set of these gauges and I have not had any problems, however,
the night lighting just plain sucks.  The light from the bulbs bounces
off the v-bezel and makes for a terrible glare.  For some reason that I
have not yet determined, I cannot make them dim, even after replacing my
dimmer switch.  I got the black set about 3-4 years ago - they do look nice.

Bob W
Bartlesville, OK
56 Cameo, 55 Post Belair, 56 Panel, 54 5-window PU

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 23:07:14 -0500 Bill Broadway wrote:

> Anyone ever seen this gauge set? Looks interesting.

http://www.impalas.com/product_information.asp?number=PT5593&back=yes&dept
=5257&last=5216