Re: [oletrucks] 1 1/2 ton fenders

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1 1/2 ton fenders
From: "Dustin Cross" <livnrt@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:15:42 -0600
 > as far as i know for AD trucks-the 1 1/2t fenders are the same as 1/2.

the 1 1/2s are definately bigger   they are wider (about 2" each)  and have
a much bigger wheel opening

I'm going to use the truck fenders on my next '50s project    I'm starting
with a '53 GMC 1/2t and adding a 1 1/2t front clip and widening the rear
fenders   I've got a 454, th400, 3/4t axles that will go underneath    I'm
still debating on shortening a late '70s pickup frame or adapting everything
to the '53 frame (so far I'm definately leaning toward the newer frame)

I figure this will be a interesting departure from the route I took with my
'51 GMC which is currently 90% stock with a 270   the only modifications I
have lined up for it are a 6 lug ford 9" and converting it to 4 wheel disc
brakes   (I'm going for stock apearance and excellent road-ability)

                        Dustin