[oletrucks] Leaf Springs

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Leaf Springs
From: BagpiperEd@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 00:22:59 EDT
Well, I gotta ask you folks for some technical advice........I have rebuilt
the rear leaf spring eyes and shackles on my 3100TF, and upon reaching the
point where I can bolt everything up, the springs have relaxed and are nearly
2" short of reaching the shackle mounts (with the forward eyes attached).
The truck is blocked up so the weight is all on the frame, forward of the
spring eyes.  Looks to me like I could jack each spring in the middle, and
use a piece of iron between the spring end and the shackle bracket to force
the spring to flatten out (and get longer) until it lines up well enough to
bolt the shackle straps in place.  I guess these springs are in pretty good
shape, or does this indicate a problem?  Any simple solutions?
Thanks!
Ed.