[oletrucks] Engine mount question

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine mount question
From: "Richards, Troy" <trichards@hrgreen.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 08:54:27 -0500
 Can anyone tell me how wide the crossbrace is and how much of a drop there
is in it?  When I first started on my truck and friend and I got way over
motivated. We stripped the front and rear suspensions and removed the
crossmember with the 6 cyl motor mounts on it with the intention of running
a big block Chevy or a 472 Cadillac motor. I have since calmed down and
realized I should have stuck with the original plan to just hop up the 6 cyl
a little, lower it a little, and enjoy. It just wouldn't be the truck I
learned to drive in without the 6 cyl
 I plan to put the motor in this summer, a 235, but no longer have the
crossbrace. I assume an aftermarket V8 adaptor could be made to work but I
need to know the width and how much of a drop there is in the original
crossmember.

 Thanks

        Troy

Troy Richards