Re: [oletrucks] Oil bath Air Filters

To: "Doug Wathor" <wathor@attbi.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Oil bath Air Filters
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 20:08:19 -0500
They don't open regularly. Don't know if you could get open OK, but then not
sure you could get the mesh stuff anywhere either. My vote, soak it good and
shake and soak somemore in Mineral Spirits or Paint Thinner and let it dry a
day or so, and install. OR, find a nice dry air filter at the auto stored
that sits in your canister OK w/out letting air passby and go that route. I
used a Ford six cylinder type from a car for my 54. Not sure if yours is
same, sure it isn't if you have V-8.

G. L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750