[oletrucks] Bottom part of oil bath air cleaner

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Bottom part of oil bath air cleaner
From: "Doug Wathor" <wathor@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 18:44:47 -0700
Well, after cleaning the top part of the air cleaner last weekend, using the
procedure some on this list had suggested, I then turned my attention to the
lower part (the bath part) of the assembly this weekend. After cleaning it
all up, getting ready to wire wheel the old paint off and re-paint it, I
then noticed a few rust holes in the bottom that were rusted all the way
through. (I wish I had noticed these before I spent the time cleaning it.)

So, after reading all the stories of people on this list putting V8's in
their trucks, I'm sure there are a ton of these lower oil bath parts for a
'56, 235 just lying around in your garages that you would love to get rid
of...right?

Doug
Livermore, CA
'63 Split Window Corvette, restored