Re: [oletrucks] 1954 Chevy 3100 Dash

To: Ole Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1954 Chevy 3100 Dash
From: tim <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:53:09 -0600
Photos of the dash on my '54 Chevy 3100:

http://mezcal.dhs.org:8080/photos/index.cgi?mode=image&album=/
peanut&image=peanut%20dashboard%201.jpg
http://mezcal.dhs.org:8080/photos/index.cgi?mode=image&album=/
peanut&image=peanut%20dashboard%202.jpg
http://mezcal.dhs.org:8080/photos/index.cgi?mode=image&album=/
peanut&image=peanut%20dashboard%203.jpg
http://mezcal.dhs.org:8080/photos/index.cgi?mode=image&album=/
peanut&image=peanut%20dashboard%204.jpg

Besides the obvious 3 1/2" speakers, the heater control is aftermarket,
and I think the choke knob is for the wrong year (but the throttle knob
is correct -- or I may have that backwards).  As far as the metal goes,
it's all original, except maybe for the one hole above the headlight
switch -- no idea what that was for.

Let me know if you want more.

On Saturday, June 21, 2003, at 10:57  pm, Rich Kosiba wrote:
> Does anybody have some good pictures of what the dash should look like
> on
> a '54 Chevy 3100? Mine had been beaten through the years and I'm
> trying to
> get it back to stock (or at least as close as I care to). Actually, I
> find
> some '54-specific things to be very ugly and plan to use '53 in their
> place where possible/practical.

Tim Lloyd, lloydt@colorado.edu
1954 Chevy 3100 Pickup "Peanut"
1954 Chevy 3100 Panel "Being paid for"